A judgement-free mental health care referral service.
Pregnancy and parenthood is a time of big change for new parents. You’re not alone in how you may be feeling. And while it can be difficult, it’s important to realise that help is available. In those moments, ForWhen can help you get the guidance and support you need, when you need it.
As a parent, here’s what to look out for.
ForWhen is designed to support you onto the right pathway so you can access the help you need to better manage mental health challenges as they occur. These challenges can look and feel like:
- Anxiety, fear, or worry about your pregnancy, your baby, or yourself.
- Worrying you’re not coping well, or not enjoying your pregnancy or newborn the way you think you should.
- Ambivalence, or even negative feelings, about your pregnancy, or your baby.
- Isolation and disconnection from friends, family, and the world around you.
- Feeling overwhelmed with the responsibility of parenting, and coping strategies aren’t working.
- A sense of hopelessness about the future.
- Inability to manage your feelings after traumatic birth.
How does it work?
It’s estimated that 1 in every 5 new and expecting mums, and 1 in every 10 dads, experience perinatal depression and/or anxiety. Learn more about how ForWhen can help you today.
Step 1: Call our number
We’re here when you need us. Call our helpline number at 1300 24 23 22 between 9.00am and 4.30pm Monday – Friday to speak with a local specialist.
Step 2: We’ll listen
Your local specialist will listen to you, identify the challenges you’re facing, talk through how you’re feeling, and understand your needs.
Step 3: Get connected
Then, they’ll connect you with the right local support service to help your mental health.
Who is this service for?
ForWhen is designed to support you onto the right pathway so you can access the help you need to better manage mental health challenges as they occur. You can take the first step by calling us.